Oklahoma Health Professionals Program Manager
Position Title: Oklahoma Health Professionals Program Manager
Reports To: OSMA Executive Director
Primary Responsibilities: The Oklahoma State Medical Association (OSMA) employee is responsible for providing staff support to the Oklahoma Health Professionals Program (OHPP). The OHPP is a confidential, informational outreach program providing support and referral resources for physicians and allied health care professionals who are experiencing difficulty with substance abuse, behavioral and/or disruptive issues. OHPP services are provided throughout the state of Oklahoma and are considered confidential.
- Provides oversight of daily operations of the OHPP including communication with OHPP current and future participants, maintenance of participant contracts, OHPP database, attendance records and other administrative files.
- Serves as staff liaison to provide appropriate administrative support for the OHPP Director and Associate Directors in relation to their duties and responsibilities for the OHPP.
- Works with the Directors to communicate with participants regarding recommended treatment programs, maintaining timely communication with treatment facilities, and communication of appropriate facility discharge recommendations.
- Develops and maintains participant contracts, appropriate contact information and obtains appropriate confidentiality releases for participants in the OHPP entering necessary information into the database in a timely manner.
- Oversees the tracking for individual treatment plan compliance, including compliance with recommended therapy and psychiatric visits, attendance records for tracking weekly Caduceus meetings for program participants and 12-step AA or NA meetings in order to ascertain and ensure compliance.
- Assists with 360 degree compliance reporting for disruptive physician participants.
- Oversees random drug screenings, including coordination of testing schedules for urine drug screenings, hair follicle tests, and polygraph tests as needed.
- Monitors Affinity and Soberlink compliance by OHPP participants daily and notifies Directors and/or participants in a timely manner regarding any non-compliance issues.
- Maintains inventory of appropriate testing supplies, including Soberlink devices, and orders additional inventory when necessary and forwards related billing information to the appropriate personnel.
- Works with appropriate outside licensing boards/agencies, associations, insurance companies, hospitals, and clinics in providing information, advocacy letters and/or monthly and/or quarterly progress reports for program participants as approved by the Directors in a timely manner.
- Monitors various licensing boards and other agencies to determine meetings and hearing schedules regarding participants and attends those meetings as necessary.
- Develops and maintains administrative OHPP Compliance Procedures Manual.
- Maintains a working knowledge of responsibilities of other OHPP staff including appropriate cross-training as necessary.
- Assists OSMA staff and/or teams with special projects or activities.
- Handles other duties as required.
- HS Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in chemical dependency treatment or healthcare environment is required.
- Ability to organize and plan detailed projects and activities with accuracy and appropriate follow-through.
- Ability to work independently and manage a number of activities simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to work with strong personalities.
- Strong organizational and computer skills, with specific knowledge in the following software programs: Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in working for non-profit association and fundraising desirable.
OSMA offers a competitive salary ($50-$55,000) along with a generous benefits package, including 100% coverage of employee health benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to hr [at] okmed.org.